So I remember a time when Dan was in school and I was working I thought, "Gee, I can't wait until Dan gets a job that he can dress up for." Yes, I really thought those words, I might have even said them out loud. I think I was jealous that he got to wake up and put on jeans and a t-shirt everyday (little did I know when we had kids and I got to stay home.......).
Anyway, so when Dan graduated he finally did get a job that he gets (has) to dress up for, well, I never realized that that meant something had to be ironed EVERY NIGHT! Whether it's pants or a shirt, there is always something! I must say that I have one of the best husbands ever though, cause he does most of the ironing, but still. Who knew that a good job meant loads and loads of ironing? Who knew that Dan would never complain about ironing his own clothes (I do help once in awhile, like tonight for example, hence this post!)?
Life on Purpose
5 years ago



5 comments:
Hey, thanks for your comment. I love hearing from new people and getting their perspective on things.
Boy, You sure have a cute family! And I hear you on ironing. I used to iron for Adam until he put on a shirt that I had JUST ironed and asked if it had been ironed. It is now his duty, and one does faster and better. I HATE to iron shirts. BUt I do love him in them!
We are the same way, I HATE to iron! Everytime I would iron a shirt for Dave he would complain that it still looked wrinkled, and then he would just end up ironing it himself. So I told him it was now his job. So he always irons his stuff, but luckily he wears scrubs everyday, so not much ironing needed there. I never iron anything unless it is something that absolutely needs it. A funny thing is that my mom irons her pillowcases! Funny huh? Or maybe that is normal and I am the weird one! I love how you update so frequently! It is so fun to read a new post everyday! I need to be better!
I can't believe Dan is so good to do his own ironing and not complain about it. That makes it nice to only have to help out once in a while. Scott would come to me with a helpless look and say, "Does this need to be ironed?" And I would usually end up doing it for him. I can be grateful that his work attire is iron-free.
I worked at a dry cleaners through high school & some of college, and whenever Todd needs something ironed, I send it their way. I Hate ironing. You've got a really good guy, if he does a lot of his own ironing. That's great!
Yeah. I hate ironing. :)
Post a Comment