Wednesday, August 29

Two fast!

The title is a play on words. You see, both my kids are growing up too fast. I thought it was cute to say "two fast" cause I have two kids. So, on that note.............

On Friday after her bath Hailey told me she didn't want to wear a diaper, so I put big girl underwear on her. She had an accident and so I just put a diaper back on her. Saturday we tried again. She went on the potty and I let her open a present. She then had an accident. After her nap we tried again. She continued to go on the potty. She was so excited to open a present. Every time that she would go on the potty she would open a present. So she would go on the potty then open a present and immediately go back to the potty and squeeze whatever she could out so she could open another. Well, she went about 8 times that night, I know because that's how many presents she opened. I was worried I was going to run out of presents. So on Sunday she did a good job of going again, but since we were going to church and we didn't want her to have an accident we just put a pull up on her. So that night when we were at Dan's parent's for dinner, Dan's brilliant sister suggested having her blow out a candle after every time. Well, thanks to this advice Hailey has forgotten about the present thing. She loves to blow out a candle, and if she goes poop in the potty she gets to blow out two! We have gone accident free since Monday! We even went to the library one day and Momo's another with her wearing big girl underwear. She's only pooped in the potty once. I don't think she likes the feeling of pooping in the potty. I don't know how much longer she can keep it in. I don't want to have a messy accident. I am so proud of her going in the potty though. I'm a little sad at the same time cause she is growing up so fast.

Monday night Carly was playing on the floor and it looked like she tried to sit up all by her self, it was pretty cute. Well yesterday I was spending some time with Carly on the floor, when all of a sudden from laying on her stomach she pushed her self up to a sitting position! I couldn't believe it. Isn't she to young for that? Maybe it was just a freak thing and she won't do it again for a long time. But she totally sat up. Like I said before, she's growing so fast.

I love my girls so much.

To be redundant, they are growing TWO fast!

No comments: