Monday, January 28

"All by myself!"

This girl is all about doing EVERYTHING by herself lately. She has to pick out which underwear she puts on, gets dressed all by herself ("Is this the right way?"), puts on her socks and shoes, her coat, goes to bed all on her own, and lately she doesn't want any help when she goes potty!

This has been the seat she has been using (minus the pee guard), until today! YES! She has learned that she can go potty with out the Dora seat and she "don't will" (won't) fall in, and boy oh boy, she is so proud of herself! It's so cute to see her sitting on the big potty.
When I went grocery shopping the other day they had a kid sized shopping cart and Hailey LOVED it! She had to put all the groceries in her basket, all by herself. Then she had to put all the groceries that were in her basket up on the belt at the check out line. Then she had to put all the groceries that were put back into her cart into the trunk of the car all by herself! So when I was buckling her into her car seat she said, "I did it all by myself!" and she had the biggest grin on her face. I wished I had a camera with me. It was so dang cute.

Her new favorite thing is to pull out our step stool (the exact one as pictured above), so she can see exactly just what we are doing out of her eyesight!

It's fun to see the wheels in her head turning as she is figuring out the world around her. It amazes me how much she knows.

1 comment:

*The Holbrook Family* said...

Ethan is the same way, he wants to do everything all by himself and his own way. That is cute that she did her own grocery shopping. She is such a nut! She makes me laugh, we miss her and her funny ways! Ethan just loves playing with her, he talks about it all the time, he always says "can't we just move to Salt Lake, so I can play with Hailey every day?" It would be fun to move back there, but who knows. Tell Hailey Hi, and tell congratulations on using the potty without her Dora seat.