Tuesday, June 10

It's that time again.........

I wish moving was really this fun! Doesn't that couple in the picture frame look so HAPPY! CHEEEEESE! And what's up with the dudes and the tool box?


This is how we move!



We are actually going to rent a moving truck



And of course the boxes. The bigillion boxes.


That's right. We are moving!!!!!! We decided that the time is just not right to buy a house for us. So we are renting. We are going to miss my parents and all the advantages and bonuses living with them comes with (and we are very grateful that they put up with us living with them for over a year, I hope they know we love them very much for all they have done for us), but we just feel that the time is right for us to grow up move on.

We have really lucked out. We 'found' (I use the term found loosely because it just happened to be a "right time, right place" kind of deal, which I totally know was an answer to our prayers, or mine at least) an awesome house to rent. It is so cute. We are very excited. We move this Saturday. Seems pretty quick? Well we've known we were moving for a long time, I just haven't blogged about it yet. We will soon be living within minutes of Dan's work, the zoo, the UofU, and Foothill Village, to name a few.

The packing has begun. You would think I would be a total pro at this packing and moving thing seeing how it is our 9th move in 6 1/2 years of marriage. But I just don't seem to be as motivated as I have been in the past. I'm talking I made labels for boxes (i.e. Kitchen 1, kitchen2, etc.) and then I had a separate list documenting each item in the corresponding box (i.e. Kitchen 1- plates, bowls, silverware, etc.). I dunno why I just can't get that groove on. Eck. Maybe it's having two very active children!?! Don't get me wrong, I've got most of the kitchen and the girls room ready to go and some of the bathroom, but I'm having a hard time just hitting it hard so it's not all saved for the last minute. Any words of encouragement?

7 comments:

jill said...

That truck looks pretty full, that is exciting that you are moving. When you have time can you help me change my background on my blog. I need to have you or Kristy show me how, so I can do it on my own next time!! Good luck on the move!!

amy said...

just be glad you are not moving this time in 100+ temps huh?!? i can't wait to see your new place.

*The Holbrook Family* said...

I don't envy you at all right now! I HATE moving, it is horrible!!! So I feel for you and the packing up right now! But it is exciting that your getting your own place, we are excited to come see it when were there! Good luck with the move!! Ethan is so excited to play with Hailey.

Anonymous said...

Ah the joys of moving! We just did that, and I am glad it's over! I hate moving with kids! Make sure you label what room each box goes in- makes moving them into the new place easier!

Mamu Lou said...

Hey, congrats on your move- I know it's been something you've been thinking about for awhile. I miss the random meetings during our trips home to Utah but I'm pretty sure we can either arrange something or that you'll still be out for visits to your folks. Hope everything goes/went well!!

Heather said...

I can't believe how organized you were with moving! I just slap everything together where it'll fit and scribble something on the box. lol. Good luck in your new home! It'll be nice to have your own place, I'm sure. no matter how much you love your mum and dad.

Julie said...

Throw everything away and start anew. Moving is the pits. Actually, moving out is fun-moving in is the real pain. It never ends. Years later, you're still moving things and opening boxes you forgot about. For a second, I actually thought that truck full to the brim was really you guys.