Adene Houtz
January 19, 1929 - September 22 , 2008
She is Dan's grandmother on his fathers side.
She passed away in her sleep last night.
She was a great lady.
We are going to miss her greatly.
I felt that Adene and I had a very special connection, which made me even that much more sure that I was supposed to marry Dan, we shared a birthday! Adene was exactly 51 years older than me.
Thank you for always making me feel welcomed in the family. Thank you for loving my children as they were your own. I love the way they lit up your face. We love you. Until we meet again....
PS When Dan and I were engaged, Dan lived in Logan Utah and I lived in Salt Lake. Adene once asked how I was doing with being so far from Dan. Then she said "Absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder. Absence fondles the heart." Oh how true those words were at that time.



6 comments:
Sorry to hear of your loss. What a peacefull way to leave this life onto more missionary work. How great it it to have such a great knowledge of the eternal persepective when our loved ones depart from this earth.
that's so sad! at least we know that she is in a good place.
Sorry about the loss. Grandma's are so special and dear to a lot of people. I know mine is to me, thinking of the life she lived always puts a smile on my face.
Our thoughts are with you!
Oh, I am so sorry to hear of her loss! Our thoughts are with you guys!
So sorry for your loss. We will be thinking of you. I am glad you have the comfort of the gospel to know she is happy.
Thank you for all your support. We are doing great.
Post a Comment