Tuesday, October 28

Can anyone tell me?


Okay, so I have a facebook account and have had since May. But what I'm wondering is this, what is proper facebook etiquette? I mean I see people I went to high school with on there all the time. Do I just add them as a friend even if we only had that one class together? Or do I add them as a friend only if we were actually friends? I'm having a hard time with this cause I see a lot of people that I know, but I wasn't necessarily their "friend" so do I still add them as a friend? What's your take? What do you do?
Help me out here fellow facebook-ers.

10 comments:

Mindi said...

i got nothin' for you on this one. i set up my account a few weeks ago but haven't logged in for about 6 days because blogging already takes up so much of my time.

so i'm positive i've already offended somebody.

ps now i'll stalk you.

amy said...

hmmmm... i was wondering the same thing. let me know if you find out.

Kathy said...

Good luck on that. I have the same dilema. Add one of them and if they reject you then you know not to do it, right?

Krista said...

Sometimes if I didn't really know them I skip...depending on the person....but then sometimes in the end they add me as a friend...so who knows...does that help at all?

Krista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I had a lot of HS people add me that I didn't remember being great friends with. So I have put my 'friends' into groups on my account- 'real friends' and 'acquaintances'
What does 'friend' on facebook mean anyways? sometimes I think it is just all about the numbers.

Julie said...

I'm not a facebook pro myself, but I would say you only put someone on as a friend if you genuinely want to be their friend. If you want to hear about them and want to tell them about yourself, than do it. If you recognize their name and not their face or their face and not their name than I would hesitate. If you never once had a conversation together, just send them a message instead of adding them and say, "Hey, I remember you from high school, how are things going?" If it evolves than you have a friend.

tiburon said...

I don't do Facebook -I know nothing...

Kristi said...

I'm a facebook addict. At first I only added my real friends but now I'm curious about all the people I had classes with for years that I didn't really hang out with. I do it as a way to catch up on people. I love it!

Cherish said...

I've wondered the exact same thing. I like what Julie said though.... If you don't want them to read about you, I just ignore them. I add people sometimes and wonder if they even know who I am. If they don't accept my request...then oh well, I don't care.:) I've had people add me that I barely knew from high school, but I don't think I ever even talked to them. Hahaha. All in all, I think it's fun though.

With my job, It's fun to look up some of my tenants, and read what they are really like :)!! That way i know if I need to watch out for them. Hahahaha! After I figured that out, I blocked mine, so that only friends can see my stuff.