Wednesday, February 13

Sew what? & Tutu fun!

Okay, so here is some of what I LOVE to do.

After I made this cape for my nephew Ryan's birthday (that was last July) I wanted to make one for Hailey.


Well, I just got around to finishing one for her. It isn't everything I wish it could have been. I really wanted to have a princess crown on it, but that got a little complicated and time consuming. So we settled for a star, I can do stars, I LOVE stars.


So, in an attempt to make it special, I used some fancy thread.

(click image to see fancy thread)

Hailey sure loves it, can't you tell? "Now I can be a super arrow!" said Hailey.


This one didn't involve sewing, but it was super simple to make. Thanks to my SIL Kristy, for how much tulle needed, and Google's search engine, on how to tie them, I was able to make them.


She HAD to wear this when we went to the library. Hey, pick and choose your battles! At least she looks pretty cute in it.


Couldn't leave The Peanut out. Perhaps it's a little long on her though. Still cute none the less.


Love my girls. They make me laugh.

8 comments:

Russ and Emily Christman said...

I am pretty impressed. You may have to give me some pointers, those tutus are pretty cute and Carter would go crazy for a cape.

*The Holbrook Family* said...

Lisa, those turned out so cute! I haven't finished Hannah's. It is too long, and most of the strips are already tied on, so I might just have to save it for awhile, and maybe make another one quite a bit shorter. Your girls look so cute in them.

Cherish said...

You're talented. I can't sew, so I'm jealous. The Cape & the tutus look so fun to play in. You must be a fun mom.

Kristi said...

SEW cute!! I have no talent in that department. I love the tutus. My Hailey is really into the princess and ballet thing so I might have to get one from you!:)

amy said...

her cape turned out cute! what kind of "fancy" thread did you use. i can't tell from the pic. i like the brown and pink together. em's is pink and white and you really can't tell a difference. carly looks so grown up to me. i love that last pic of the girls together. we miss you!

Unknown said...

Okay, for the tutu you need 6-8 yards of tulle, depending on how poofy you want it. I first got 6 yards, then got 2 more yards (I like them poofy). I went here http://flickr.com/photos/ambrosialove/522118984/ for instructions.

Amy-if you click on the picture it will get bigger and you can see the fancy thread I used.

Mamu Lou said...

Really cute- I didn't know you could sew! Maybe you can give me lessons during one of my visits cause Caleb would love having a cape. I'll have to stick the tutu idea away for future reference since they're adorable but well, Caleb wearing a tutu is probably NOT the best idea!

Heather said...

You should sell those capes. So cute!! I know my kids would love them. :) Did you make up the pattern or get it from somewhere? And thanks for posting the stuff for the tutus. I think my daughter would LOVE it! You are such a fun mom!